Although we would relish a return to our pre-pandemic way of working and welcoming our clients back into our consulting rooms, the on-going spread of the new temperature-insensitive delta variant of Corona Virus SARS-CoV2 unfortunately prevents us from altering our current protocol, even though Government is on the brink of rescinding all National Restrictions and returning to life as we knew it. Some of our Staff are either unprotected or only partially protected by Corona Virus Vaccination and we are not prepared to risk their safety. Our continued ability to look after our patients depends on following medical and not political guidance. Our Staff members are united in support for these measures.
We have closed our Newton Abbot and Teignmouth Surgeries apart from 1 weekly visit to each branch and are concentrating our work at Quarry House in Torquay where we are able to practise safe barrier techniques to protect Staff and Clients alike. We are now operating an appointment only service at St. James Vets on a Monday morning and at Albany Vets on a Friday morning for clients unable to travel to Torquay. Regrettably, we do not have the resources to offer a more frequent service at our branches. Please arrange collection of medications and appointments with the Vet by phoning 01803 324341.
We apologise for the inconvenience these closures mean for our local Clients, but rest assured we are still there for you with our 24-hour service.
We request that Clients observe the following guidelines:
- All consultations are by appointment only. We are booking 2 consultations per hour, which allows us enough time to ensure clients are not waiting at the same time, and to disinfect surfaces in between.
- On arrival at the Practice, please ring the doorbell or telephone from the car park. You may stay in the carpark or in your vehicle and our Duty Nurse will come out to collect your pet. If you wish, you are welcome to enter the waiting room, but please restrict this to one person per pet, use the hand sanitiser provided, wear a mask and maintain a safe 2 metre distance with any Staff member present. We regret that we cannot allow you to be present when we examine your pet.
- Some clients may prefer consultations and checks over the phone. We will do our best to accommodate this and certainly video-chat or picture-messaging can be helpful, but this will be at the client’s liability. We will not dispense any medications as a result of this interaction and will not commit to making a firm diagnosis or make treatment recommendations other than general advice.
- We would prefer to not be given cash and prefer that payment is made by credit or debit card. This can be taken via the telephone or using our cordless terminal which is disinfected between uses.
- We will not be offering house calls except in extreme circumstances. Clients without transport or in self-isolation will need to arrange for a third party to transport the patient to and from the surgery. If requested, our Staff can carry this out using our Ambulance, but this will entail a significant extra charge and will depend on Staff availability and agreement at the time.
- Repeat medications can be requested to be sent via the postal service. There will be a minimum charge of £4.00 plus VAT for this service.
- Please respect our wishes and continue to wear a mask or similar face covering inside the building and when approaching Staff.
Please help us to keep us all safe and comply with these protocols.